Demonstrate your understanding of Assembly in relation to other languages, your ability to apply existing ARM64 assembly mnemonics and techniques to a specific purpose, and to demonstrate the ability to….
Analyse potential threats to computer systems and network and evaluate countermeasures.
|Module Title: Digital Security Module Code: CO4509||5|
|This assessment is worth 50% of the overall module mark|
In this assignment you should report on the WordPress CVE-2019-17669 from 2019. You should write a report that describes CVE-2019-17669 (how it works and how it is used). You should describe CVE-2019-17669 and how to perform the exploit as well as any solutions you can find or devise to defend against the exploit. Finally give predictions to the likely impact of CVE-2019-17669. Make sure to include references to all sources of
You should investigate the following:
· Description of WordPress
· include an example of use
· Description of CVE-2019-17669
· Description of any solutions to the exploit
· Your analysis of the likely future importance and effectiveness of CVE-2019-17669
The mark scheme can be found here.
1. Analyse potential threats to computer systems and network and evaluate countermeasures.
5. Research and report on a security-related topic, using appropriate literature.
|PREPARATION FOR THE ASSESSMENT
The reading list for the module can be found online. There are additional links to resources at the end of each lecture and on blackboard in the extra section for each lecture.