The following task is to be demonstrated and assessed in a safe environment where evidence gathered demonstrates consistent performance of typical activities experienced in the general administration field of work. The following conditions must be met for this unit:
You have accessed:
o Reference materials relating to meeting venues, technology, catering and transport suppliers.
o Organisational policies and procedures.
o Office supplies and equipment.
o Computers and relevant software.
o Case studies and real situations.
For this task you are to complete the following activity to demonstrate your ability to manage meetings, on at least one (1) occasions.
Prepare for meetings through the following actions:
1. Develop an agenda in line with the stated meeting purpose.
2. Ensure the style and structure of the meeting are appropriate to its purpose. Document the style, structure and purpose of the meeting.
3. In accordance with organisational procedures, identify the meeting participants and notify them. Record how you notified them.
4. In accordance with the requirements of the meeting, confirm and document the meeting arrangements.
5. Despatch meeting papers to participants within designated timelines. Provide the papers.
Complete the following actions to conduct meetings:
6. Chair meetings in accordance with organisational requirements, agreed conventions for type of meeting and legal and ethical requirements.
7. Conduct meetings to ensure they are focused, time efficient and achieve the required outcomes. Note the required outcomes.
8. Use effective communication methods to ensure the meeting facilitation enables participation, discussion, problem-solving and resolution of issues.
9. In accordance with organisational requirements and conventions for type of meeting, brief the minute-taker on method for recording meeting notes.
Follow up meetings through the following actions:
10. Check transcribed meeting notes to ensure they reflect a true and accurate record of the meeting and are formatted in accordance with organisational procedures and meeting conventions. Provide the checked meeting notes.
11. Distribute and store minutes and other follow-up documentation within designated timelines, and according to organisational requirements.
12. Report outcomes of meetings as required, within designated timelines.