For this assignment, you will create a decision matrix and write a short paper discussing your decision-making process. Please follow the steps below.
1. For this assignment, please review the video and article located at this link from Mindtools: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTED_03.htm (Links to an external site.)
2. Identify an academic or career-related decision that you either need to make now, or will need to make in the near future. Please make sure that this is a decision with at least 3 potential choices to choose from, and multiple factors influencing your decision.
3. Identify one (1) S.M.A.R.T. goal associated with your decision. List your S.M.A.R.T. goal at the top of your paper.
4. Complete the decision matrix worksheet below:
DecisionMatrixAnalysisWorksheet-1.pdfPreview the document
5. Develop a 1-2 page paper (double-spaced) discussing the following topics. The paper length of 1-2 pages should be where you answer questions like the ones below. The 1-2 pages does NOT count your decision-making matrix:
The details surrounding your academic/career decision
How you identified the factors that you used to judge/measure each potential choice
Your thoughts on the results
Did this clarify or complicate your decision?
Do you agree with the results? Why or why not? Explain.
Your S.M.A.R.T. goal associated with this decision, how this goal will help you, and how you will achieve this goal.
6. Submit your decision-making matrix worksheet and paper as one document. You can make your own decision-making matrix instead of using the one in the PDF as long as they look the same.
Please submit your paper as a Word document or PDF and adhere to the following format:
12-point font double space
1 inch margins
In-text citations when necessary (include a reference list if applicable)
Word or PDF format
Your paper will be graded on the following criteria:
Content (meaningful discussion, addressing major questions posed)
Inclusion of all required sections
Grammar, spelling, punctuation
Adherence to formatting guidelines