Module 3 – Case TIME MANAGEMENT, WRITING SKILLS, AND FINANCIAL LITERACY Case Assignment Time Management and Writing Skills Setting goals is an important first step toward….
Create a Reference List (i.e., Thriving at Trident and at least one additional source of your choice).
Module 3 – Case TIME MANAGEMENT, WRITING SKILLS, AND FINANCIAL LITERACY
Time Management and Writing Skills
Setting goals is an important first step toward achieving success. but managing time and completing the tasks needed to reach those goals is a critical second step. Time is a valuable personal resource—when we gain greater control of it, we gain greater control of our lives. Chapter 4, Thriving at Trident, supplies a comprehensive set of strategies for managing time, establishing priorities, combating procrastination, and completing tasks.
Write a 2- to 3-page reflection paper on your Time Management skills and how you can go about improving them. Review the strategies recommended for preventing and overcoming procrastination on pp. 78-80 from Chapter 4, Thriving at Trident. Use at least two strategies from this chapter and at least one strategy from an additional source of your choice.
The American Psychological Association (APA) writing style will be used throughout your tenure at Trident. It is important to provide scholarly work and support your opinion with research. It is time to start preparing for future courses. There is no penalty for incorrect in-text citations or references, but you must try. This assignment allows you to learn how to use APA correctly. The following resources are provided for your use and convenience:
Trident APA Basics –https://mytlc.trident.edu/files/Trident_APA_basics.pdf
Basics of Writing
The Basics of Writing document includes a sample essay that breaks down each part and helps you understand how to build an essay.
Your paper should be personal and specific. Dr. Aaron Thompson’s reflections provide a good example for what we are looking for in a paper. You will include the following in your paper:
- Create a Title Page (refer to Trident APA Basics). You are NOT required to include an Abstract, but may attempt.
- Create an Essay (refer to Basics of Writing). Your essay will include:
- An Introductory paragraph (what will the paper be about; provide the three time management strategies that will be covered)
- A Supporting Body (a paragraph with personal examples for each time management strategy; 2 strategies from Thriving at Trident and 1 external web source) There should be in-text citations for the three strategies and the sources listed on the Reference List page.
- A Conclusion paragraph that recaps.
- There will be a TOTAL of at least 5 paragraphs.
IMPORTANT – Each of the paragraphs should be 4-5 sentences in length.
- Create a Reference List (i.e., Thriving at Trident and at least one additional source of your choice).
Your paper should be double spaced, with 12-point font, Times New Roman, and 1-inch margins around all sides.
The essay should be written in complete sentences in paragraph form. There should be 4-5 sentences provided for each paragraph. Please be sure to proofread, as scholarly writing is important. When you have finished, title the file with your name (Example: Module 3 Case Helen Smith), save and upload the document to the Case 3 Dropbox. Review the grading rubric to ensure all requirements are met.
Reading and Viewing: YouTube/Videos and Simulations in Your Trident Course
- Be prepared by ensuring you have a reliable Internet connection before you start quizzes or stream video content for a course.
- Troubleshooting Web Browser
o Browsing History – Clear Cookies and History: http://support.trident.edu/?page_id=3125
Resources for Student Success
Microsoft Office is required for assignments at Trident University. A free download of Office 365 is available to you as a student. Follow these Microsoft Office Download Instructions.
You will see a Free Tutoring link in the navigation bar of your course. (If you do not see it, it may be under the “More” menu.)