On April 15, 2013, two bombs were set off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Three people were killed and over 260 were injured. The initial investigation and manhunt spanned several days after the bombing. The media covered these events live as they occurred and in great detail.
Write a 2-4-page paper in which you do the following:
- Summarize the attack, the initial investigation, and the manhunt for the suspects.
- Describe the media coverage of these events, and assess the degree to which the media affected the public’s perception of the attack.
- Evaluate the extent to which the media helped or hindered each of the following:
- The immediate emergency response at the scene of the bombing
- The investigation of the incident
- The manhunt for the suspects
- Assess the importance of the media’s role as a force multiplier for terrorists.
- Take a position on the debate between the public’s right to know versus operational security.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.