Journal entries should be detailed and specific observations of the assigned topic. You are encouraged to sketch your observations in order to clarify ideas. You should include research images with each journal entr.e. Photographs are encouraged
1. Describe each light source in your home. Note the direction, the color and the
quality of each source. Describe the quality of sunlight in each room. Note the
direction and color changes due to time of day. Note the quality changes when light
filtered through an objet such as drapery or a lampshade.
2. Note your observations of the quality, direction and color of light at a restaurant or bar.
3. Note your observations of shadows and their relationship to the light source
4. Note your observations of light at different times of the day; be specific about
quality of light, shadows, direction and color.
5. Describe three different sunsets
6. Note your observations of light at sunrise
7. Note your observation of light during different weather conditions
8. Note your observations of interior lighting and exterior lighting at night
9. Note your observations of light at Magic Hour
10. Note your observations of television lighting styles (Comedy vs. Drama)
11. Note your observations of light in three magazine advertisements
12. Observation of the quality of light in three Rembrandt or Vermeer paintings
13. Note your observations of lighting in a cartoon Disney musical movie. (I.e. The Lion King or Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Each journal is no longer than one page, double space. and need to add at least one picture as the research source, this is journal, not paper. do not need titles or reference. the text total should be about 10 pages for 13 journals. there is some vocabularies in the powerpoint can be used.