Problem 1: The taxpayer, a calendar year corporation, wants to change its company’s headquarters, which is currently a 10-story building. The company owns the property without a mortgage. The company decides….
describe the following points:
A privately owned island off the coast of Florida has been left to you by the eccentric owner who recently died. The island is large enough for several small communities to be developed. You want to start off on the right foot by establishing a local government, a judicial system, and a law enforcement system. The only stipulation is that you cannot be the dictator of the island.
For the Project, you will describe the following points:
- the type of local government you would establish (e.g., county, city),
- the form of that government (e.g., township, municipal charter),
- the management system (e.g., commission, mayor, council),
- how leadership positions would be instated (e.g., appointment, election),
- the type of law enforcement and judicial system you would put into place, and
- your rehabilitation system for any criminal offender.
You can mix and match your government, judicial, and law enforcement decisions, but you must fully explain the reasons why you chose the types of systems. You must also address how your government would work with other governments/agencies and in what ways.
Your mini project must be at least three full pages in length, not including your title page and reference page. Outside sources are not a requirement. If you do not need to use any outside sources, you do not need to include a reference page, but if you do choose to use them, they must be cited and referenced according to APA. In addition to the title page and possible reference page, be sure to follow all other APA formatting standards (Times New Roman, 12-point font; double spacing; running head; and 1-inch margins).