Comparative State Analysis HIS/311 Version 4 1 University of Phoenix Material Comparative State Analysis Perform an Internet search to complete the following charts and address the following topics, as it….
Describe the type of structure you chose: what is the layout of the building, what features did it have, and how was it used?
Imagine you are a Classicist specializing in ancient Rome, and you have been traveling the world trying to bring back together separated objects from one original ancient location. To do this, complete the following:
- Choose one (1) of the following TYPES of structures from ancient Rome:
– the private home of a member of the patrician class
– a civic building
– an imperial monument
- Next, conduct research online to find a real example from the ancient Roman world of this type of structure you chose as discussed in this Unit. (Remember, the ancient Roman world grew quite large, so you do *not* need to limit yourself to the city of Rome or the Italian peninsula itself. You may NOT choose any building or monument discussed in the assigned readings or lesson file .
- Conduct as much research as possible into your chosen site: note the historical context, how it fits into Roman culture and history as we studied it, and note three additional works of art associated with it (these could be decorative elements or works of art included in the site, such as sculptures or paintings). Again, you may NOT use any examples from the assigned readings or lesson file.
Next, write a 3-4 page text that you post to the Discussion Board providing the following information:
- Describe the type of structure you chose: what is the layout of the building, what features did it have, and how was it used?
- Identify and describe each of the objects or works of art you found with that site. What are they and how do they fit in with the function of your building? Are there any correlations between your choices and other aspects of Roman life, society, religion, politics, or culture?
- Finally, discuss how the works of art and/or objects you chose relate to how Romans created, consumed, and understood imagery and artwork.
Students must reference their sources at the end of their discussion board post. Please use either MLA or Chicago Style format.This assignment will be worth up to one hundred (100) points and will be graded based on the following criteria:
- following all the steps and completing the assignment fully and correctly
- the veracity and appropriateness of the types of objects and architecture chosen, and how clearly and accurately they are related to what was learned and discussed this Unit in regards to Roman society, history, art and architecture
- the clarity of thought in the writing and organization of the submission
- using proper spelling and grammar