Early user interfaces were designed with little or no consideration for the end user. This was largely due to technical and hardware limitations. The poor interface design required a specific skill set for users and limited the mass appeal of computers. Modern interfaces are much more user friendly. Theo Mandel has written about the golden rules of interface design. Read “The Golden Rules of User Interface Design [PDF].”
Write a seven – ten page paper in which you:
- Describe three interfaces you interact with on a daily basis.
- Analyze each interface you identified in Question one and assess how it adheres to Mandel’s five golden rules.
- Suggest two changes for each interface to achieve a more user-friendly design and justify your suggestion.
- Provide three screenshots for each interface. Note: These screenshots should be labeled and appear in the appendix of the case study. These pages are not included in the page requirement for the assignment.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.