Exit Strategies It’s difficult to believe that after going through everything it takes to get a small business up and off the ground, often times the next steps are to….
Discuss each of your personality dimensions. In your judgement, was the survey accurate and why?
Personality in Workforce Planning [WLO: 1] [CLO: 2]Twitter
Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
- Read Chapter 9 in Applied Psychology in Talent Management.
- Read the Strategic Workforce Planning—A Vital Business Activityarticle. (attached below)
- Complete the Big 5 Test (Links to an external site.). Note: The Big 5 personality traits are the most thoroughly researched personality taxonomy (Cascio & Aguinis, 2019). Take a screenshot or print the results for reflection on this discussion and your personal use. You will not submit these results.
After you have completed the Big 5 personality traits test, compare your results with the Big Five Inventory (BFI) (Links to an external site.) resource. Then use the O*NET website to search for possible careers that compliment your personality dimensions and facets. The O*NET Work Styles (Links to an external site.) search or O*NET Work Values (Links to an external site.) search can assist with this.
Finally, for your initial post address the following:
- Discuss each of your personality dimensions. In your judgement, was the survey accurate and why?
- What careers did you find based on the Big Five personality dimensions?
- Were the suggested careers an accurate reflection of your personality? Why or why not?
- How might an employer use the questionnaire to hire the right people?
Your initial response should be a minimum of 220 words. Graduate school students learn to assess the perspectives of several scholars. Support your response with at least one scholarly resource in addition to the text in APA format.
Cascio, W. F., & Aguinis, H. (2019). Applied psychology in talent management (8th ed.). Retrieved from https://www.vitalsource.com