Note: write in APA format and must site references whenever quote from any book, journal or website. Also mention any assumptions that you may be considering in answering your questions…..
Discuss the organic compound and what it does in the body.
Organic compounds are an important part of our body’s building blocks. Lipids, proteins and carbohydrates (which include sugars and starches) are all part of this group. One area that you hear about these compounds is in the world of dieting. There are so many diets out there – low carb, low sugar, low fat, high fat, high protein and the list goes on. Which one works? Do any of them?
For this discussion, you will research a diet plan of your choice that involves or restricts one of these organic compounds. When you have completed your research, answer the following questions:
- Which diet did you research?
- Which organic compound is involved or restricted?
- Discuss the organic compound and what it does in the body.
- Why is the inclusion or restriction of this compound said to make the diet a success?
- Is there any research that supports that this diet works or does not work? Explain.
- What is your opinion about this type of diet? Have you ever been on a diet like this? What food habits have worked for you?
ATLEAST 200 WORDS AND 1 REFERENCE