FINAL EXAMINATION Subject Number: MP123 Subject Name: Business Law Semester 2, 2020 Examination Duration: Three hours. Note: the amount of work expected from students is….
Edward Deming, a famous businessman, once said, “In God we trust. All others bring data.” What did Deming mean in terms of developing a strategic plan? (Read chapter one).
Edward Deming, a famous
- Edward Deming, a famous businessman, once said, “In God we trust. All others bring data.” What did Deming mean in terms of developing a strategic plan? (Read chapter one).
- Compare and contrast vision statements with mission statements in terms of composition and importance. (Read chapter two).
- Explain how to conduct an external strategic-management audit (External environment analysis). Support your answer with hypothetical example. (Read chapter three).
- After conducting an internal audit, a firm discovers a total of 100 strengths and 100 weaknesses. What procedures then could be used to determine the most important of these? Why is it important to reduce the total number of key factors? (Read chapter four).
- Dashen brewery is one of the most successful companies in the beer industry of Ethiopia. It is well known for its strong capital, production capacity and manpower. Available information about the beer industry in Ethiopia indicates that the industry is characterized by untapped markets, rapidly becoming global in scope and channels of distribution are high both in number and quality. The top management of Dashen brewery is currently looking for an intensive strategy with the aim of improving their company competitive position in the beer industry. What intensive strategy do you recommend for the top management of Dashen brewery? Why? Explain why you are not recommended intensive strategies that you are not recommended? (Read chapter five).
- How are the SWOT Matrix, SPACE Matrix, BCG Matrix, IE Matrix, and Grand Strategy Matrix similar? How are they different? (Read chapter six).
- Would you recommend a divisional structure by geographic area, product, customer, or process for a medium-sized bank in your local area? Why? (Read chapter seven).