Exit Strategies It’s difficult to believe that after going through everything it takes to get a small business up and off the ground, often times the next steps are to….
examine topics of interest in the field of coaching, and to demonstrate competence in developing and writing a paper based on the research.
The purpose of this assignment is for the student to examine topics of interest in the field of coaching, and to demonstrate competence in developing and writing a paper based on the research.
· Choose a topic of interest.
· This can be accomplished by perusing the textbook chapters and indexes, or by reviewing a potential list of topics provided by the instructor (bottom of this page)
· Gain instructor approval of the topic.
· This step is mostly for your protection (to avoid duplication, to assure the topic is pertinent and manageable, etc.) and will be accomplished via a topic proposal.
· DUE BY END OF WEEK 3. Follow these criteria for the Paper Topic Proposal (10 points):
· Proposed Research Paper Title
· Description of Proposed Research (around 250 words)
· Five (5) potential sources of information
· SUBMIT AS WORD ATTACHMENT VIA CLASSROOM SUPPORT
· DUE BY END OF WEEK 5. Follow these criteria for the Research Paper Outline (15 points):
· One paragraph introduction
· Summary of each of a minimum of three main points/findings (approximately 250 words for each)
· A minimum of three (3) different sources than those turned in for the Week 3 Assignment (in APA format)
· One paragraph conclusion
· SUBMIT AS WORD ATTACHMENT VIA MESSAGES PORTAL
· DUE BY END OF WEEK 8. Follow these criteria for the Final Paper (75 points):
· The paper must be word-processed in 12-Point Times New Roman
· The paper should be double-spaced, with one inch margins on all sides
· Adhere to APA style
· The paper should be around 3,500 words, excluding title page and resources page
· A minimum often (10) sources should be utilized and properly cited
· SUBMIT AS WORD ATTACHMENT VIA ASSIGNMENTS PORTAL
Potential Topics (include but are not limited to):
· Issues in AAU-Elite Level Coaching
· Dealing with Parents/Boosters
· Coach-Teacher Role Conflict in High Schools
· Playing All Sports or Focusing on One
· Salaries of Big-Time College Coaches
· Overuse Injuries in Youth Sports
· Positive (or Negative) Influence of Coaches
· Coaching Qualifications in Youth Sports
· Men Coaching Women (or Women Coaching Men)
· Religion and Coaching
· Cutting Players from High School Squads
· Addressing Agents in College Sports
Due Date May 30, 2021 11:55 PM