Comparative State Analysis HIS/311 Version 4 1 University of Phoenix Material Comparative State Analysis Perform an Internet search to complete the following charts and address the following topics, as it….
Explain if you think that global terrorism can be stopped.
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 32
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
Consider a few terrorist activities since the 1980s until today. Here is a starting point:
- 1983: United States Embassy in Beirut and Kuwait is bombed
- 1988: Osama bin Laden re-organizes Al Qaeda in Pakistan to carry out attacks
- 1993: World Trade Center Bombing (first time)
- 1995: Oklahoma City Bombing
- 1998: United Stated Embassy bombings Nairobi and Sar Es Salaam
- 2001: 9/11 Bombing of the World Trade Centers
- 2001: Bio Terrorism begins (anthrax letters and Bill Gates’s warnings on bio terrorism)
- 2013: Boston Marathon Bombings
- 2018: Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting
Then, address three (3) of the following and craft a response, as a whole, for your selections:
- Explain if you think that global terrorism can be stopped.
- Analyze the responsibility of the United States today to be the world’s “policeman.”
- Assess if peace and stability in the Middle East are vital to U.S. economy and national security.