Exit Strategies It’s difficult to believe that after going through everything it takes to get a small business up and off the ground, often times the next steps are to….
Identify the major risks associated with undertaking this project.
You currently work for a retail store that carries basic household goods, some groceries, and health and beauty products. The store is located in the small community (approximately 5,000 total residents) in which you live and is looking to expand its operations in some way.
For this assignment, you are required to develop a major project proposal to be undertaken by your employer. You may decide to expand your product offerings or open an additional store in an adjacent community, for example.
You may use figure 2.4A and B in chapter 2 of your textbook as a general outline of what your proposal should entail. Your project proposal must include the following components:
- Project title
- Project manager (yourself)
- Problem definition or project rationale: Describe the problem or opportunity for improvement.
- Goal definition: Describe the project goals.
- Objective definition: Quantify the savings or benefits you expect from completing this project. How much will it cost (hours, materials, methods, equipment, etc.)? Estimate how long the project will take to complete.
- Resources: Identify the resources necessary to complete the project.
- Risk analysis: Identify the major risks associated with undertaking this project. How likely is it that these risks will occur? How will the project be impacted if these risks occur?
Refer to “The Retail Store” for additional information about your organization.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide,