Assignment Overview and Directions:
Using your organization, or one you are familiar with, you will identify your knowledge of HRIS and to make a suggestion about a new piece of technology for each of the weekly learning objectives for HRMT415 for Weeks 2-6. It could be one piece of technology that brings these all together or you might have a suggestion for each. For clarification, these topics were discussed in the course for Weeks 2-6:
The topics for Weeks 2 through 6 are as follows:
1) Week 2 – eRecruiting and eSelection
2) Week 4 – Self-Service and HR Portals
3) Week 5 – eLearning and Training
4) Week 6 – Performance Management
Each of these topics should be about one page in length responding to the assignment objective, i.e. make a suggestion about a new piece of technology for each of the weekly learning objectives. In some cases, it might be an integrated system – where it is one program that fulfills each element.
You should also share the requirements that must be considered in relation to each of the decisions that you make as well as your rationale for the recommendation. A good place to find information for this assignment is the online APUS library and on the SHRM website. This paper will require you to research HRIS technology.
The following will help guide you through the mechanics of the paper:
· Utilize the APA Style for preparing your paper.
· The “body” of the paper will be no less than 6 pages
· Your title page, abstract, references, and any attachments are not included in the page count.
· Your abstract is a brief, comprehensive summary of the content of a paper. The abstract goes on a page by itself and precedes the actual paper.
· Your introduction will provide an opportunity to capture the reader’s attention with a “hook.” It also indicates what the paper will be about and how you will approach the topic.
· Your conclusion will summarize the main idea, ties the main points together neatly for the reader, and ends with a sense of finality. Avoid introducing new ideas in the conclusion.
· I encourage you use, at a minimum, the word processing software’s grammar and spell check, making the necessary corrections before submitting as punctuation, essay format (thesis, supporting paragraphs with transition and topic sentences, and summary) grammar, and documentation count toward your grade.