Comparative State Analysis HIS/311 Version 4 1 University of Phoenix Material Comparative State Analysis Perform an Internet search to complete the following charts and address the following topics, as it….
Interview an elderly family member or friend about a major historical event
The Deadline Is Today 2:00 Pm (Wednesday 28-04-2021) !
- Interview an elderly family member or friend about a major historical event, organization, or issue (For 2020 courses this may be Civil Rights Movement, Women’s Movement, Vietnam War, Labor Unions/workers rights, the Great Depression, the Dust Bowl). The event must be related to American History and within the scope of our class.
- Craft a list of questions beforehand to help guide you.
- The goal is to ask your interviewee what they know about a past event or issue, where they got that information (personal experience? News outlet? Word of mouth? Family history?), what was their experience? Or are they recalling stories past down through generations?
- This can be freeform or organic, but the guiding questions may help you frame out what you want to be sure to ask.
- Report: write three pages—In paragraph form, report on: what did they say? Can you verify their memories with the textbook? Do their memories uphold or contradict what you’ve learned or read in class? How can you account for any discrepancies, if they exist? What types of personal factors shape what people believe to be true about the past and their experiences? (For example, race, class, gender, economic status, geographic location or residence, sexual orientation). Where did they learn what they know about the past? (For example, if you interview your grandmother about the 1960s and the Vietnam War, where did she get her information from—Television? Newspapers? Friends who may have served in Vietnam?).
Format: Your report should be double-spaced, 12 point font, times new roman, 1 inch margins. Reports submitted in any other format will result in a 5 point deduction. There will be a 10 point deduction for reports that do not meet the page requirement. Reports that list out questions and corresponding answers will receive no higher than a 75 on this project.
NO REFERENCES IS REQUAIRED