Various agencies contribute to the social services offered in social work practice. Although the goal of many social work agencies may appear the same—to offer social services to clients who need them—each agency provides a unique approach or opportunity to deliver those needs.
As a future social worker, understanding the position of your agency in reference to the world of social work practice might provide valuable perspectives for applying your professional skills.
For this Assignment, research the agency you are working with for your field education experience
The Assignment (8–10 PowerPoint slides, voiceover optional):
Create an Agency PowerPoint Presentation that includes the following:
- Describe the organization’s mission, purpose, objectives, goals, etc. What does the organization seek to accomplish? What services/programs are provided to meet the organization’s purpose? What gaps exist between stated goals/objectives and actual services?
- Provide an explanation of the agencies mission statement and a comparison to your agency learning agreement.
- Who are the clients of the organization? What are their demographics? How many clients are served annually?
- What are the funding sources for the organization? How are funding decisions made? Give an example of how funding impacts the provision of services.
- Define the organization as a nonprofit, for-profit, or public entity. How does this designation define the work of the organization?
- How is service delivery structured to meet the needs of clients? What is the social work role in the organization? What is your role as a social work intern within the agency ?
- Describe the process for evaluating client/organizational outcomes.
- Critically analyze the organization’s strengths and weaknesses.