Note: write in APA format and must site references whenever quote from any book, journal or website. Also mention any assumptions that you may be considering in answering your questions…..
Review the Discussion Rubric for grading criteria. For instructions on how to view the rubric for this assignment
Digestion is more than just eating and going to the bathroom. Digestion is breaking down food, both chemically and mechanically, and absorbing the broken down food into the circulatory system. There are multiple things that take place in the food’s journey through the digestive system.
Write a story in which you are a cheeseburger with everything on it–meat patty, lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup, relish, pickle, cheese, onions, and bun. Describe what happens to you on your trip through the digestive system. Using the information from the module, create an initial post using the following details. Your initial post needs to address each discussion point.
In your story, include and underline the following:
- These structures and how each contributes to digestion:
- Salivary glands
- Small intestine (name the three regions)
- Large intestine
- These digestive processes and where they occur:
- Mechanical digestion
- Chemical digestion
- These food groups, what part of the hamburger they come from, and where they are digested:
- Nucleic acids
- Name the major enzymes involved in digestion, including their source and actions.
- Initial post due Wednesday, by 11:59 p.m.
- Responses to posts due Saturday, by 11:59 p.m.
This schedule ensures that you have adequate time to prepare initial responses and to read through the posts and supply meaningful reactions that extend the conversation.
Submission and Assessment Guidelines
- Post to the Discussion Board in Canvas. For help on how to submit discussion posts, review How do I reply to a discussion as a student.
- Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length.
- Respond to at least two (2) of your peers’ posts in a substantive manner.
- Remember that a substantive post should provide a reason for your beliefs. In other words, why do you feel the way you feel? Your opinion is acceptable, but you must have a solid rationale for it. You will need to respond critically and persuasively.
- Responses that include comments like “I agree” or “Good point” are not an acceptable response.
- Review the Discussion Rubric for grading criteria. For instructions on how to view the rubric for this assignment, review How do I view the rubric for my graded discussion.
- This discussion is worth 20 points.