During this unit, we have focused on strategies for transforming the organization’s culture to be conducive for diversity and inclusion. For this assignment, you will use the results from your….
Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
A critical part of teacher preparation is observing and learning from proficient teachers. Veteran teachers supply teacher candidates with knowledge, skills, and wisdom that they have developed over years of honing their craft.
Allocate at least 5 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Observe at least one Grade K-8 classroom with ELLs, and discuss the following with your mentor teacher:
- 1. How alignment between learning targets/objectives and ELP standards can be achieved.
- 2. How ELL progress can be measured, and the types of assessment data utilized to make curricular decisions.
- 3. How Universal Design for Learning (UDL), ELP standards, and assessment data could inform curriculum and instruction for Grades K-8 ELLs.
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the mentor teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
Write a 250-500 word summary of your discussion and observation.
Your summary should address the following:
- 1. How elements of UDL could inform ELL curriculum and instruction, and promote an inclusive classroom environment
- 2. A brief explanation of how to achieve alignment between learning targets/objectives and ELP standards.
- 3. Examples of assessment tools used to measure and document ELL progress
- 4. Examples of at least two types of assessment data used to inform ELL instruction
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.