Exit Strategies It’s difficult to believe that after going through everything it takes to get a small business up and off the ground, often times the next steps are to….
THIRD AVENUE SOFTWARE HEALTH-CARE APP PROJECT
CIS 571 CASE: THIRD AVENUE SOFTWARE HEALTH-CARE APP PROJECT
This case is new for the ninth edition of Information Technology Project Management. The case
provides an opportunity to apply agile and Scrum principles to project management.
Each part of the case contains several task assignments to help you explore the use of agile and
Part 7: Project Stakeholder Management
As you learned in the text, it is critical to involve key stakeholders on important projects and
focus on their needs. In agile projects, however, increased stakeholder involvement and faster
decision making are often required. To enable timely, productive discussion and decision
making, agile teams communicate directly with stakeholders instead of wading through tiers of
management to establish such communications.
The Third Avenue health-care app project involved the following stakeholders:
• You, the product owner. You are one of two senior programmers at Third Avenue.
• Eric, a junior programmer who is considered by his peers to be the author of some of the
best code at the company. You have also designated Eric to be the project ScrumMaster.
• Lia, another talented young programmer
• Brianna, a marketing representative who has experience in health care from a previous job
• Jack, the regulatory manager at Third Avenue
• Kendra, the Quality Assurance manager
• Aziz, a Quality Assurance tester who began his career as a programmer
• Barry, a member of Third Avenue’s three-person accounting staff
• Members of Third Avenue management, who occasionally expressed doubts about the
team’s ability to complete the work by the deadline and within budget
• Open a new Microsoft® Word document and complete the Tasks below.
• Save the file on your computer with your last name in the file name. (Example: part 1
• Click the Choose File button to select and upload your saved document.
Tasks 1. The preceding list contains a rather glaring omission. What group of stakeholders is not
shown in the list?
2. Review the preceding list of project stakeholders and project members, and then
identify two examples of how these stakeholder roles might have been different in a
traditional project management approach.
3. Create a stakeholder management plan to handle the stakeholders’ concerns and input
for the health-care app after it has been released to the field. For example, continuing
strategies are needed to monetize the software most effectively and to achieve
maximum market penetration.
Create an issue log for the project’s main activities. Recall that an issue log is a tool used to
document, monitor, and track issues that need resolution.