Comparative State Analysis HIS/311 Version 4 1 University of Phoenix Material Comparative State Analysis Perform an Internet search to complete the following charts and address the following topics, as it….
What do you now understand about American Indian religion and philosophy?
Term Paper 1
AIS 310 American Indian Religion & Philosophy
Time, Space and People
Critique and Analyze the material, then Support your position.
– Introduction (1 page)
· Is there one religious view/practice that all American Indian groups adhere to?
· What did you already know about American Indian religion and philosophy?
· What did you expect or hope to learn?
– Time (1-2 pages)
· How does history play a significant role in what takes place within an American Indian religion/philosophy? Consider federal law, role of the military, western religions.
· Give examples of American Indian religious practices that reflect a specific time period.
– Space (1-2 pages)
· Give examples of how geography is significant in religious practices?
· There are examples of how a Native view of the land might differ from other people. Describe this conflict and how it is initiated or how it perpetuates. (Refer to the film: In the Light of Reverence)
· Describe or interpret how the origin stories (those in iLearn) might give us information about the people and their environment.
– People (2-3 pages)
· Describe how people are involved in their ceremony (either as an individual, or as a group; you can describe a specific ceremony, the preparation of the ceremony, or how it is conducted).
· What do you consider to be the purpose or expected outcome of their ceremonies? You can choose a general theme or a case-by-case study.
– Conclusion (1 page)
· What do you now understand about American Indian religion and philosophy?
· Compare your knowledge of American Indian religion and philosophy to another major religious practice and/or philosophy.
NOTE: Use terms from the Glossary, found in iLearn.