Exit Strategies It’s difficult to believe that after going through everything it takes to get a small business up and off the ground, often times the next steps are to….
What role does Information Technology play to successfully compete in the marketplace?
Each week, you will be asked to respond to the prompt or prompts in the discussion forum. Your initial post should be 75-150 words in length, and is due on Sunday. By Tuesday, you should respond to two additional posts from your peers.
This week you have learned about how information has a strategic importance in creating a first-mover and competitive advantage. To demonstrate the strategic importance of information, this week’s discussion forum will involve researching an article using one of the following sources:
- USA Today (www.usatoday.com)
- Wall Street Journal (www.wsj.com)
- New Your Times (www.nytimes.com)
- Forbes (www.forbes.com)
- Bloomberg Business Week (www.bloomberg.com)
- Inc. Magazine (www.inc.com)
- Economist (www.economist.com)
- Entrepreneur (www.entrepreneur.com)
- Harvard Business Review- (www.hbr.org)
Your task is to choose a current article (published in last 60 days) from one of the above-listed sources that relate to how managers can utilize information technology as a strategic means to gain a competitive advantage.
- What role does Information Technology play to successfully compete in the marketplace?
- What key points in the article support your statements?
Copy and paste the URL address of the article so it can be easily shared with your classmates.
View your discussion rubric.