Comparative State Analysis HIS/311 Version 4 1 University of Phoenix Material Comparative State Analysis Perform an Internet search to complete the following charts and address the following topics, as it….
Why does Jefferson not discuss slavery in the Declaration?
Read Chapters 5 & 6, and Thomas Paine Calls for American Independence, 1776 and the Declaration of Independence, 1776 under VIII in the Primary Sources at the end of Chapter 5. You may also use Chapter 5 as background material on Thomas Paine and Thomas Jefferson. Once all reading is complete, respond to the following items:
· Compare the backgrounds of Jefferson and Paine; did Paine have an advantage or disadvantage by not being born in the colonies? Explain.
· Examine the language used in both documents; who is the audience for each writer?
· Why does Jefferson not discuss slavery in the Declaration?
· What did Paine and Jefferson say about the monarchy in their respective documents?
· Why does Jefferson focus more on the king than parliament?