1. Choose any topic you would like to discuss about the relationship between Business & Politics. Be sure to provide a link to an article or video to support your….
Describe the role and functionality of hardware and software entities that contribute to network communications
This assignment has three major aims:
- To help students gain good understanding of all ITECH1102 theoretical and practical material.
- To encourage students to use content analysis summaries to prepare for tests, examinations and to help their understanding of theoretical concepts.
- To encourage students to conduct independent investigation into networking related topics from books, the Internet and through practical investigation.
Engagement with this assignment should help students to prepare for the laboratory test (10%) in week 7, the theory test (0%) in week 8 and the end of semester examination (60%).
Timelines and Expectations
Students are required to analyse three topics based on students’ surname from the weekly lecture material of topics 1 to 8 and create concise content analysis summaries of the theoretical concepts contained in the course lecture slides. The content analysis for each topic should not exceed approximately five (5) A4 sides of paper if that topics content were printed.
Where the lab content or information contained in technical articles from the Internet or books helps to fully describe the lecture slide content, discussion of such theoretical articles or discussion of the lab material should be included in the content analysis.
Suggestions as to possible inclusions in your content analysis will appear in weekly Work Plan documents on Moodle.
The ultimate aim of this assessment task is to help ITECH1102 students to fully comprehend the course material and hence help them to pass tests and the examination.
By the start of week 10 all students should have completed their content analysis for three topics based on the surname.
Learning Outcomes Assessed
The following course learning outcomes are assessed by completing this assessment:
- Describe and explain the role and function of network connectivity in current computing.
- Describe and explain the principles of communication in networks.
- Describe the role and functionality of hardware and software entities that contribute to network
- Describe and explain the protocols and interactions that implement network communications.
- Describe fundamental aspects of cloud computing.
- Apply networking architecture knowledge to analyze the networking needs for business.