This week you will prepare a Cause and Effect Essay (assignment directions are in the Topic 4 Folder). Watch the local news or go online and read news as presented….
Explain the Six-Sigma quality constraints and provide a justification as to why the software development company should consider it
Case Study 2: Why Six-Sigma Efforts Do Not Apply to Software
Read the case study titled, “Why Six-Sigma Efforts Do Not Apply to Software” located in Chapter 9 of the textbook (see attached) and consider a situation where you are working for a large software development company that is considering applying the Six-Sigma quality constraints to the software it produces.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Explain the Six-Sigma quality constraints and provide a justification as to why the software development company should consider it.
2. Compare and contrast quality control processes for both hardware and software.
3. Examine the arguments presented in the case study and evaluate their applications to control the quality of software produced in the organization.
4. Propose a testing strategy for a software development project that ensures high quality of the software delivered.
5. Describe the idiosyncrasies of software, and explain why software needs a different set of rules for testing and for quality control as opposed to those used in hardware.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Compare and contrast testing techniques and concepts to include functional, performance, acceptance, and installation.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in software engineering.
• Write clearly and concisely about advanced software engineering topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills. Click here to view the rubric for this assignment.