Exit Strategies It’s difficult to believe that after going through everything it takes to get a small business up and off the ground, often times the next steps are to….
Explain why Rick was let go and how reinforcement theory applies to this situation.
Case Analysis: Rick’s New Job
Read the Rick’s New Job case analysis at the end of Chapter 3 of the Blanchard and Thacker (2013) text. In an 800 to 1,000 word paper (excluding the title and reference pages), respond to the following case questions:
- Explain why Rick was let go and how reinforcement theory applies to this situation.
- Explain Rosie and Walter’s reaction to Rick’s computer in terms of resistance to change. Use the concepts in this chapter to explain how Rick might have approached the computer situation so as to gain acceptance.
- Explain Rick’s inability to “fit in” using social learning theory. Identify where breakdowns occurred.
- If Val hired you to develop a management training program for the senior managers at PPP, explain how you would go about designing the program. Provide appropriate theoretical rationale to support your position.
Your paper must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your paper must also include citations and references for the Blanchard and Thacker (2013) text and at least two scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library. An Abstract is not required. Use APA formatted headings, rather than numbers, to delineate your response to each case question. For example, the following headings (or equivalent) can be used to identify each section of your paper:
- Reinforcement Theory
- Resistance to Change
- Social Learning Theory
- Designing a Management Training Program
- Must be 800 to 1,000 words, double-spaced (excluding title and references pages)