Interpersonal communication has a direct effect on communications in general, and also at the negotiating table. That communication becomes even more important when negotiations include colleagues from different cultures. Cultural differences can create communication barriers; make it more difficult to interpret each other’s behaviors/nonverbal communications; and also influence both the form and the substance of bargaining. Therefore, let’s examine some of the personal and communication styles of various cultures.
Read the following article that takes us on a comparative journey between the West, the Latin countries, East Asia, and Middle East/South Asia, and how certain negotiation aspects are perceived respectively:
Brett J. M., Gunia, B. C., & Teucher, B. M. (2017). Culture and negotiation strategy: A framework for future research. Academy of Management Perspectives, 31(4), 288–308. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Using this information, as well as some additional research in peer-reviewed sources, complete your Case assignment. Pay special attention to the personal styles and preferences between the four cultural groups covered within the background article.
Once you have read the assigned background article, as well as completed some peer-reviewed research of your own, answer the following:
1. How would you concisely summarize each of the negotiation styles and preferences of cultural groups discussed therein?
2. What specific personality attributes should you be aware of in each cultural group?
3. If you were to negotiate/bargain with colleagues from one of the cultural groups presented in the article, what practical points should you be sure to put into practice?
1. Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your analysis.
2. Provide a response of 3-5 pages, not including title page and references
3. As we have multiple required items to be addressed herein, please use subheadings to show where you’re responding to each required item and to ensure that none are omitted.
4. Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles and reliable sources. Use at least three references, and a minimum of two of these from peer-reviewed sources. For additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals, see http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php and for evaluating internet sources:
5. You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/. Paraphrase all source information into your own words carefully, and use in-t