Comparative State Analysis HIS/311 Version 4 1 University of Phoenix Material Comparative State Analysis Perform an Internet search to complete the following charts and address the following topics, as it….
What are the explanations that have been offered in support of dropping the atomic bomb?
Discussion #8: The decision to drop the atomic bomb.
Critics have charged that the United States was morally irresponsible in using the atomic weapons against Japan during World War II. Were the United States’ actions justified?
In order to prepare for this discussion forum:
- Review and identify relevant sections of Chapter 26 to support your discussion.
- Read the essay DEBATING THE PAST: THE DECISION TO DROP THE ATOMIC BOMB.
- In 2005 a group of historians held a mock trial-Hiroshima: Truman on Trial.
After you have completed your readings post your answers to only ONE of the following questions.
- What are the explanations that have been offered in support of dropping the atomic bomb? What is your response to these explanations? Make sure that you provide specific support from your readings.
- What are the arguments that have been presented against using the atomic bomb? What is your response to these arguments? Make sure that you provide specific support from your readings.
- Review the trial and cast your verdict. How do you find President Truman? Guilty or Not Guilty? Discuss why you reached that decision.