Problem 1: The taxpayer, a calendar year corporation, wants to change its company’s headquarters, which is currently a 10-story building. The company owns the property without a mortgage. The company decides….
What question was before the court? How did it rule?
Resources: Chapters 4 & 5 of the text, We the People.
- Prepare one of the following:
- A 750-1000 word APA-formatted Paper
- Include 2 sources on your reference page in addition to your textbook
- A PowerPoint or Google Slide presentation with a minimum of 10 content slides
- Include voiceover or a notes section for each slide
- Include graphics, charts or graphs on each page
- Provide a cohesive theme
- Include a title and reference page
- Include 2 sources in addition to your textbook
- Select one important civil right or liberty to analyze
- Research a Supreme Court decision on that right or liberty
- Provide a brief history of the case.
- What question was before the court? How did it rule?
- Do you agree or disagree with the court?
- What were the effects of the ruling?
- Would you make any changes to the ruling? Why? (Use data to support your position)
Format your references consistent with appropriate course-level APA guidelines. Include citations in the speaker notes or in a separate reference list.
Submit your presentation by clicking on the assignment in Canvas and uploading your document.